Monday, April 27, 2009

no asthma for this girl!

For a while now, I have been diagnosed with asthma. Several doctor apointments, medicines, and inhalers later, I find out....I'm not even asthmatic! I began seeing another doctor and he was concerned about my breathing and coughing that I had been experiencing so he decided he wanted to do some testing. I went in this afternoon to do so and after the breathing treatments he sat me down in his office. He looked me square in the eye and said, "Do you have asthma? probably not...No longer label your self as someone with asthma." It was a relief! The expenses and hassle of the inhaler is no longer a part of my life! I think it's crazy how one diagnosis can be so different than another professional. The doctor did tell me that I probably have some form of athletic induced asthma that alot of athletes have when exercising or playing a particular sport. So for now, I'm cured!

No comments:

Post a Comment