Monday, March 9, 2009

girls gone...not so wild

As I was looking for information about spring break I came across an interesting article. According to MSNBC, The American Medical Association is warning women to be safe during spring break. In the article it stated that 83% of college women and graduates say that spring break involves heavy drinking and 74% said that spring break results in an increase of sexual activity. This data wasn't only taken from friend experiences but also "first-hand" experiences. Several girls reported "getting sick from drinking, blacking out, and having unprotected sex or sex with more than one parter." The article was administered online and had a random sample of 644 women. One student even said it was nice of the AMA to send out this warning but she doubted any students will pay any attention to it at all.

Like other students, I'm heading on a spring break trip. My destination choice: SOUTH PADRE! I couldn't be more excited but I do worry about the dangers it could entail. My plan is to be safe, be smart, and have fun!

If you want to check out the article here's the link!!!! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11726292/

2 comments:

  1. I work in a one hour photo lab, and I've developed some pretty terrible photos from spring break trips. I won't give details here, but needless to say, it's hard for me to ever want to go on a typical spring break trip after seeing them.

    ReplyDelete